Wednesday 7 March 2007

Lens Hoods...

Lens hoods are good... they keep that straylight out of your lens and prevent something called 'flare', which is even more important to prevent if you permanently have a UV filter stuck on the end of your lens (we'll leave the filter or no filter debate for another time)...

If you lens comes with one already... great... make sure you use it... but with a lot of lenses nowadays its an optional extra... and often an expensive one... well.. lenshoods.co.uk comes to the rescue with free printable lenshoods which you can make out of paper or thin plastic... I'm certainly going to give it a try... I'll let you know how I get on...

1 comment:

Caminante said...

I had not idea about the hood's importance . I thought it was just to reduce the amount of light. I will try it.